In Part I of our Digital 101, we talked about the types of digital marketing and what they can provide for your business. But digital marketing shouldn’t be scattershot, and it’s important that you have a qualified team of experts working to ensure that your brand succeeds. So if you understand the basics that form a digital marketing campaign and are ready to get strategic, let’s get started:
Digital marketing strategy
In order to get the most out of digital marketing you’ll need a strategy. What that strategy looks like will depend on your industry, your target market and your marketing objectives.
That said, there are basic requirements that are relevant to most businesses.
The following digital marketing strategy example will be a good starting point for any business hoping to improve website traffic.
Organic & Paid Search Engine Marketing Strategy
- Regular keyword research to ensure website offers relevant, up-to-date content for customers and prospects
- Google Ads campaign based on keyword research and A/B test ads to find out what word combinations are most effective
Organic & Paid Social Media Marketing Strategy
- 1 post per day on a relevant social media platform such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn
- Paid digital marketing campaigns on relevant social platforms – experiment with different colours and captions in ads for best results
- Send out 1 monthly email newsletter highlighting special offers, new blog content and exciting company news
- Update blog twice a week with valuable content influenced by keyword research; A/B headlines to see what drives most traffic
While a simple strategy like this will produce results, remember that success doesn’t happen overnight.
With patience and consistency, you should expect to start seeing results within 6 months. But it may take longer depending on how competitive your market space is.
A few more things to know about digital marketing
Digital marketing is a complex, ever-evolving beast (that’s why businesses work with Elastic to solve this for them!). So there’s no way we could cover everything in this article, but if your question wasn’t covered above, take a look at our digital marketing page for more information.
Here’s one final word of advice to keep in mind: you could have the best digital marketing strategy in your industry, but if your brand doesn’t resonate with your audience, it won’t be half as effective as it could be.
So, if you’re not seeing the business results you want, you should first focus on creating a brand that resonates with your audience. And, in doing so, you’ll see far more green shoots from your digital marketing efforts when you implement them.
To learn more about digital marketing and how it can help your business, make sure to check out this mythbusting post. Or, if it all sounds too daunting, then give us a call. We’d be happy to take care of it for you.